Saturday, August 22, 2009

'Kanthaswamy'! The Best Movie Ever Watched ...


Another day out with our troop…. It had been ‘reaaaaaaally’ long (yes, pretty much long ) since we watched any ‘good’ movies on the big screen…. Though I was a bit hesitant when I heard that we were goin for a ‘tamil’ movie, I then agreed bcuz I had a dam good impression over the first tamil movie I watched at home by name ‘Anyan’, which I really cherished and in which Vikram did a tremendous job….. I asked my fren wats the name of the movie which we were going… though she told it I cudnt remember until I saw a poster (which really made me think this shud be a ‘superman’ kinda movie…) jus before entering the cinema hall…. Hmmm “Kanthaswamy”! ;) I knew tamilians were known for great movies… n almost all of them were dubbed n spoilt by other “woods” hehe…. So had really good hopes on this movie as it began……!

And…. Yes! It was more than what I expected…. One of ‘the best’ movies I’ve ever seen! Heart throbbing concept with a combination of awesome choreography, wonderful music, comedy which brought tears and stomach cramps out of laughter.. thrilling scenes….. n what not…! The movie kept me so deeply involved for each n every second of almost three n half hours! Each scene had a twist! The point that really fascinated me was-- there was an element of ‘reality’ attached to everything that happened in the movie….The movie had ‘superman’ kinda scenes… but believe me this isn’t like that at al… no super powers… no magic… no unusual history behind it …., jus an ordinary human being with the help of his team, trying to be a little ‘extraordinary’, with a major intention of wiping out the tears from the eyes of poor and needy….. ! It portrays the HUGE gap between the rich n poor in India…heart touching!

I knew a little bit of tamil …. like “Po Dee…” “Po Daa….” which were highlighted in a few scenes and also one of the songs ….. I was delighted that I knew at least some words on my own….hehe….  I could follow what was happening all through the movie, except some ‘dialogues’ where I was ‘puzzled’ and the whole crowd was bursting out of laughter! ……But that wasn’t a prob….my frenz were sweet enough to translate it to me immediately and made sure I enjoyed the joke and giggled (though actually I wanted to laugh aloud…but was concerned that I would be the only one laughing by the time I understood..hehe!!)

A BIG THANKS to my friends….. On the whole the movie has given “the message” to audience, in the most touching way ….! A must watch for all you people out there…(whether u know tamil o’ not… doesn’t make a big difference!) 

The songs are still playing in the back of my mind….. “Allegra! Allegra! Allegra! Ale- ale- egra!!! :D (that’s the only word I could get!! Rest will be learnt with time….)

Five stars from my side!

Cheers! Be Happy

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...